Finally pyRevit 4.4 is here. Here is a list of the most important changes:
- Compatible with Revit 2018: Yay (finally)
- Adopted revitpythonwrapper module: This means that you can import rpw in your pyRevit scripts without installing the
revitpythonwrapperextension. You should disable/remove the
revitpythonwrapperextension if you already have it. It’s not necessary anymore. The rpw inside pyRevit will be updated on a weekly basis to always have the most recent stable version. Read more below.
- pyRevit Installation for All or Current User: Installer now has the option to install for All Users versus for only the Current user. Read more below.
- Config File Naming: pyRevit configuration and temporary files no longer include the username in the file naming. (e.g
pyRevit_config.ini). This should help sysAdmins to push pyRevit configurations easier.
- Zero Document mode: A selection of pyRevit tools are now available in zero-document mode (e.g. You can access pyRevit settings even when no documents are open inside Revit. (this is done by setting
__context__ = 'zerodoc'inside your scripts)
THIS UPDATE INCLUDES A CORE UPDATE AND NEEDS TO BE DONE WHEN REVIT IS CLOSED.
I talked about the change from
rpw in a previous post (Read here). I have started this process and as of now the
revitpythonwrapper module has been added to the pyRevit standard library. I will be working on upgrading the existing tools to use the rpw for Revit API access. Through this process we will improve the rpw further more so hopefully all you can have access to a more comprehensive wrapper for Revit API.
pyRevit Installer Update:
pyRevit installer now includes an option to install pyRevit for All users or for the Current user only.
For GUI install: The installer has the Current User / All Users option now and installation works
For Silent install: I could not figure out a way to pass an option to the installer for silent installs. However since the
install_addin.batnow has a
--alluseroptions, the admin can:
REM Install using silent installer pyRevitSetup-v4.exe /VERYSILENT /DIR="C:\pyRevit" REM then change directory to the release directory inside pyrevit repo cd \D "C:\pyRevit\pyRevit\release" REM remove the current addin files uninstall_addin.bat REM re-create the addin files using the --allusers option install_addin.bat --allusers
Other Resolved Issues:
Here is a list of issues that has been resolved in this update: